Tuesday 17 August 2010

Bliss

The world is so loud. Wind, cars, people talking/shouting, the call of animals. It can be very tiring.

So, at the end of a day, there's nothing better than taking out my hearing aids and being in total silence. Ah, peace at last. Finally, after a long, hard day, I can relax. I love going to bed at night and taking them out.

Yes, in the beginning I was scared. I didn't want to live in silence. But now, now it is one of the things I enjoy the most. One of my favourite things to do is lie outside and watch the stars in silence. Nothing to distract me from the serenity and beauty of a starlit sky. Just complete and utter peace. I don't hear the wind, I don't hear the traffic, I don't hear the TV inside, I don't hear wild animals calling to each other. For me, this is bliss.

Of course, there are other times where my deafness comes in handy. When I'm having an arguement with someone for example. When I've had enough, I just switch my hearing aids off. Of course, the recipients of this behaviour (most often my parents!) don't find it amusing. But to me it's a great way to escape.

Had enough of the lectures from your parents? Tired of the same old aruguements repeating themselves? Fed up with idiots trying to convince you they're right? Just switch off your hearing aids.

Total silence. Total bliss. (And one more reason I may like this - it annoys the hell out of people!!)

Deaf Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment