Wednesday 29 December 2010

Deaf jokes

Thought I'd share some of my favourite deaf jokes. Of course, these aren't jokes by the deaf - those would be near impossible to translate into English and the punch-line wouldn't be the same. Enjoy!

An elderly gentleman had serious hearing problems for a number of years.
He went to the doctor and the doctor was able to have him fitted for a set of hearing aids that allowed the gentleman to hear 100%. The elderly gentleman went back in a month to the doctor and the doctor said, "Your hearing is perfect. Your family must be really pleased that you can hear again." The gentleman replied, "Oh, I haven't told my family yet. I just sit around and listen to the conversations. I've changed my will three times!"

An older gentleman had lost his hearing aid and wanted to get a new
one. Before getting the new hearing aid, he wanted his ear cleaned out, so he went to his doctor. As the doctor was cleaning his ears, he noticed a foreign object lodged in the man's ear canal. With a pair a tweezers, the doctor removed the object. Upon closer examination, he discovered that it was a suppository. The doctor told the older gentleman that he had a suppository stuck in his ear. At this, the man exclaimed, "Now I know where I put my hearing aid!"

I noticed a deaf couple in the library talking to each other, evidently in a heated argument. The wife was getting more upset, using large signs, her husband could see that she was upset. Finally, he took both her hands in his, and signed, "Honey, you don't have to yell, I am not blind!"


A man marries a deaf girl. He signs: "let's make a code: if I want sex, I will squeeze your breast. In response, you can pull my penis once for Yes, and 50 times for No"

Deaf Girl

2 comments:

  1. Huh, I read the title and was expecting a thoughtful article about your responses to people making fun of deaf people...

    Nice jokes, though. :-P
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaa!! Just to show that deaf people do have a sense of humour (unfortunately, the best deaf jokes can't be translated in to english).
    I'm sure at some point I'll write about people making fun of deaf people though - though I am lucky in that I've come across ignorance, but never maliciousness.

    ReplyDelete