Sunday 28 November 2010

Winter Wonderland

Everywhere you look at the minute all you can see is a sea of white. The beautiful colours of autumn have been replaced by a tranquil winter wonderland. Trees that were once full of colour are now a winter masterpiece covered in snow and ice. It truly is breathtaking (sometimes quite literally as your lungs are assaulted by the cold air!)

So, what do you do with all this magic around you? Simple - have a snow fight!

Snow has a way of bringing out your inner child. The purity and beauty of the snow speaks to your childish delights and it's not long before your mischievious inner self is let out to play.

Of course, sponatenous snow fights are out of the question - cheeky friends can't suddenly pelt me with snowballs as it could damage my hearing aids. But once I've taken out my hearing aids, let the fun begin.

There is nothing like running around, laughing and attacking your friends with a snowball.

I am slightly at a disadvantage - without my hearing aids, I can't hear anyone sneak up behind me. The tell-tale 'crunch crunch' of a boot on crisp snow falls, quite literally, on deaf ears with me.

So I've come up with a very simple solution (other than trying not to have my back to everyone). A hat. Now why didn't I think of that before? This came to me after I'd already been in a few snow fights. So simple.

I have a nice purple hat that I can pull down over my ears. Which means I can wear my hearing aids. Sure, it will block out some sound, but I won't be nearly as deaf as I am without my hearing aids. And another advantage - I won't be as cold either!

So, I now carry the hat in my handbag, for whenever the next impromptu snow fight is.

Ready... set... fire!

Deaf Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment