Wednesday 13 April 2011

The square!

I was in town the other day about to meet my Mum. We were going to text/call each other and meet on the highstreet. (I had my bluetooth necklace on). So I call my Mum. Voicemail. I try again. Voicemail. I call a total of 8 times, each time I'm getting voicemail. So I call my Dad and explain that I can't get hold of Mum. He explains that she's left her phone at home but managed to borrow someone's and called him. He then told me where to meet her.

"She says to meet at the round thing by the square thing."
"The round thing? The square thing?"
"Yeh, the round seat things by the square thing"
"What square thing?"
"Well you know... the square thing."
"What are you on about, what square thing?!"

Now bear in my that I'm connected to my bluetooth necklace and I'm standing on a busy highstreet.

I hadn't thought of that, as I continue talking to my dad about some square thing. It was only as I started to take notice of my surroundings that I realised people were giving me a wide berth. Some were eyeing me warily, others refused to meet my eye.

I can imagine what I looked like to them: some random woman standing in the middle of the street, seemingly talking to no one, shouting; "what square! Where's the square?! I don't know where the square is!"

No wonder people were avoiding me.

In the end, I did finally meet up with my Mum - the square my Dad was on about was actually the name of the shopping center.

So, that was my brief experience of being the raving lunatic shouting about random things in the middle of a shopping street.

Until next time,
Deaf Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment