Saturday 5 February 2011

Achoo

I'm currently lying on my bed with a bar of chocolate watching Lip Serivce (which by the way, doesn't have any subtitles - very annoying) and a box of tissues on my bedside table. Yup, I'm ill.

Along with all the usual joys that come with being ill with bronchitis - delightfully sexy runny nose, alluring blood-shot eyes, seductive frog-like voice and a sensual cough - there is also the bunged up ears to deal with. My hearing at best is 40%. But when I'm ill, my hearing is practically non-existant. My hearing aids don't work when I'm ill either - it's like trying to catch a sound when my ears are full of cotton wool. Just won't work.

I had an interview the other day as well. Can't imagine what he must have thought of me, what with me coughing my guts up and asking 'sorry, can you repeat that?' every 5 minutes. Certainly wasn't very pleasant!

So. What does a deaf girl that looks & feels like death warmed over do when she's ill? Why, turns up at her parents' house for some TLC of course! Which is exactly where I am now, and plan on staying until I'm recovered.

I may be 23, but at heart, I'm definitely still a child. Nothing can beat recouperating at home with loving parents willing to do your washing and cook your dinner.

If it wasn't for me being ill, I might be enjoying it a bit more. Ah well, can't have everything.

Deaf Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment